5 Useful Tips On How To Gain Weight Fast
If you’re all skin and bones and want to know how to gain weight fast, then these 5 tips will help you add some flesh and muscle to your frame.
While it may not seem apparent, gaining weight is just as difficult as losing weight. Those who are skinny or thin are that way for a reason. They eat less than normal, or have such a high metabolic rate that they burn off all extra calories, leaving little or nothing to build their body on.
So how to gain weight fast if you’re a rapid burner who can’t seem to eat your way to more muscle? The standard advice to eat fatty or sugar-rich food isn’t effective. The reason is that the extra calories in these diets tend to be deposited on your body in the form of unhealthy fat rather than solid muscle.
The best way to gain weight is to eat food rich in calories as well as protein. That’s the right approach to get adequate nutrition while providing your body with the substrate required to build muscle. Your food must be rich in protein and include moderate amounts of carbohydrate and fat.
Here are 5 tips to put on weight the healthy and natural way.
1. Avoid snacking in between meals. Have just 3 large meals daily. Include starchy food like potatoes, pasta and bread in your diet. But don’t eat chips, crisps and other fried snacks that only provide empty calories. They not only help you gain weight, but they are also bad for your health.
2. Eat eggs and lean meat. Chicken and turkey are excellent sources of animal protein. Legumes, beans and peas are good sources of plant protein for vegetarians. By combining protein-rich food with carbs and vegetables you can plan a balanced and healthy diet.
3. Take dietary supplements. Protein shakes and whey drinks provide a boost of protein and amino acids in the immediate post-workout period. By taking these building blocks of muscle growth, you will quickly bulk up and become stronger.
4. Exercise lightly. This improves your appetite and you’ll be able to eat more calories. Training with weights helps develop muscles while also making you hungrier.
5. Eat multiple meals daily. Some people find that they may have to eat 6 or 8 times in a day in order to gain weight. This is important when you work on strength training. This increases calorie consumption, and you must focus on eating more than you burn off in order to gain weight.