Candida Cleanse Diet Detox – 12 Tips for Success
Here are 12 diet tips to help you eat well, cleanse successfully, and keep your meals tasting great.
1) Remember to always check the list of ingredients of anything you buy at the grocery store… MANY foods, meats included, contain added sugars, yeast, and soy products that you wouldn’t expect! When cleansing Candida, keep in mind that fresh and organic ingredients will give you the most nutritional benefit.
2) Organic Vanilla extract contains no sugar. Regular Vanilla extract does. Check the label before buying.
Vanilla extract is something most of us keep around the house and use constantly without even thinking. There should be no reason not to continue using it while on the candida diet as long as you buy the organic vanilla extract that contains no sugar. Studies have shown that vanilla can help to relieve anxiety and stress. Not a bad thing!
3) Garlic ( real cloves, not powder) helps to combat yeast and is an anti-inflammatory. To get the most benefit from garlic, chop or crush several cloves and let them sit for 15 minutes before using. Doing this triggers an enzyme reaction that boosts the healthy compounds in the garlic. Use at least 2 cloves per day.
Chop it into your salads, or cook it with your vegetables, meats, and fish. It can also be good with eggs and tomatoes in the morning!
4) Cinnamon helps to combat yeast and inflammation. It also inhibits bacterial growth, and is a source of manganese, fiber, iron, and calcium. Just smelling cinnamon can help your concentration and memory, and can help to stabilize your blood sugar, as well. It is a delicious addition to your vegetables, chicken, or roasts.
5) Nutmeg can help to relieve bloating and gas and is also an antibacterial, killing bad bacteria in your mouth and throat, as well as helping to cleanse and detox your liver and kidneys, helping to get rid of candida yeast. It also contains many B-complex vitamins including vitamin C, folic acid, niacin, and vitamin A, as well as many antioxidants. Use in your recipes along with cinnamon.
6) Fresh ginger will increase your circulation and assist detoxification. It is also a very potent anti-inflammatory.
Steep 1-2 slices of fresh ginger in hot water to make a stomach-settling tea. Chop some into your main meals and soups for maximum candida-fighting relief.
7) The sweetener xylitol from Birch (or Birch Sugar) is OK to use as it is a proven anti-fungal and inhibits candida yeast. Don’t use the corn-based version if possible. Whole-leaf Stevia is OK, as well, but do not use extracts because of the chemical separation factor. They both reduce bad bacteria and inhibit tooth decay.
8) Plain, unflavored yoghurt will help the growth of healthy bacteria in your colon and is a rich source of calcium. Calcium discourages excess growth of the cells lining the colon, and studies have shown that people who have diets high in calcium have lower rates of colorectal cancer. The bacterial cultures in yoghurt have also been shown to produce infection-fighting white blood cells.
9) Drinking plenty of water will help in flushing the toxins and dead yeast cells out of your body, and help keep detox symptoms to a minimum. Squeezing the juice of a lemon or lime into all the water you drink will help to increase hydration and body flushing. Put it in your tea, too!
10) Drink plenty of Detox tea, Peppermint tea, and Ginger tea to help cleanse your body of the dead yeast.
11)Breads from Pacific Bakery are all yeast and sugar-free, and are made with ancient grains. They can usually be found in the freezer section of your local health food store.
12) Eat as large a variety of vegetables as possible, preferably organic and raw, to get as much nutrition and fiber as possible and to cleanse the yeast out of your body. Make them into soups and stews, as well as salads and chopped for snacks. Vegetables are great in smoothies, as well. Just use water instead of juice to get your blender moving, and you’ve got breakfast or lunch on the go!
Finding foods that you can eat and enjoy eating while you are cleansing Candida is not always easy, but worth it for the ultimate payback of feeling great and enjoying excellent health!